December 18, 2010

Wikileaks Roundup: crazy retail weekend edition

Short and sweet, in honour of two descriptors not applicable to the day I have in store (ha!) for me:

The Guardian leaks the full allegations of sexual misconduct against Assange. My sleep-addled thoughts include "okay, he's a dink, but probably not a danger to society". Points 2 and 3 from yesterday's roundup still stand.


Bank of America joins the ranks of the anti-wikileaks corporate entities by refusing to process payments to them (something I fancy as really, really not in the purview of a bank, as I like to decide what I'm allowed to spend my money on, and they don't stop people donating to the KKK).
On the other hand, wikileaks advises twitter followers to move their money from BoA to "somewhere safer". There's been rumour that the next "megaleak" will have damning evidence of the American banking institution's rambling craziness, and I'm inclined to believe it.
Bank of America is in the New York Times' sights too, being sued by two states for "widespread mortgage fraud". Trouble etc in the financial world, and now I have to decide whether to start stuffing my mattress with funds.



The rumour is that the US gov is trying to offer Bradley Manning a plea feal in exchange for something they can nail Assange with--including a move from military custody to civillian jail.

I think they should offer Manning a full apology, immediate release, an honorable discharge, reparations for the seven months in Quantico and corresponding psychological damage, a book deal, a Congressional medal, a knighthood, a statue on the national mall, a small exoplanet named after him, and my phone number, but nobody listens to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment